Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
Is it normal for a baby bearded dragon to only really be active during feeding time? She runs around a lot when crickets are in her tank, but will otherwise lay around almost all the time whether it be in her basking spot or out of the tank and her eyes are almost constantly closed. She occasionally runs over to her greens and will move to poop, but otherwise laying flat in and out of tank with eyes closed. I wouldnt question it but most people say their beardy at least had their eyes open and she just usually keeps them closed. She has a ReptiSun T5 10UVB tube above the screen along with a 75W basking. Temps are 85-90F on warm side with at least 95-100(?) on basking, no probes or temp gun so I dont have the exact temp but directly underneath (by a few inches) is 90F.

EDIT: She eats anywhere from 20 to 40 crickets per day and quite a bit of greens, both are calcium dusted a few times per week.

Hikari

My baby likes to mostly laze around too, when it's not time for food. It'll still stay awake, usually, but yeah, it's favorite thing to do is just bask or hang out on a different rock. Occasionally it'll have a spurt of energy for a few minutes and run around the tank, but that's it. I dunno if it's like a lot of other baby animals where all they really like to do is eat and sleep? This is my first dragon, so someone else with more experience will hopefully weigh in.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I believe they do this so they can digest their food. Heat and, UVB are what it takes for digestion so, if they are running around it won't digest properly. Plus if they find a comfy spot why leave it, LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom