Is she trying to brumate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alupe

She's a year or so old and her timers are set to 6AM wake up 7PM sleep but after being awake for maybe 4-5 hours she trys to find any place to sleep, she'll usually just lay next to her basking rock and close her eyes but obviously can't sleep because the lights are on. She'll get light stress marks on her stomach, if I pick her up or move her she becomes alert for a few minutes, loses the stress marks and repeats. If I get her out to run round she'll try and find a dark spot and lay down. She eats and poops normally, I just don't get it. Can I prevent it? Should I? Is there anything I can do to perk her up? Sometimes I feel bad and will let her go sleep an hour early, is this bad?

Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds like brumation. Does she have a hide she can go to sleep? I keep my lights on the same schedule as always during brumation. I'd take her out to record her weight and offer a bit of water every few days but other than that, I'd let her be if her weight is stable and she's just acting sleepy.

Alupe

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply.

There's no hides in there atm, but I will purchase one for her. I notice in the mornings when her lights come on she gravitates to the cold side of her tank and trys to push her self into the wall to sleep. Does it need to be on the cold side or warm side of the tank? Also I've read conflicting stories whether or not you should feed your dragon during brumation so I'm not sure. She's also shedding her feet, is it safe to let her brumate during a shed?

Sorry this is my first dragon and everything she does worries me lol

Alupe

Original Poster
I'm so confused, I bought her like a log hide thing and she went inside but shes not asleep? She's just laying in there, occasionally shutting her eyes and then waking up again. Very little light is actually getting into it. I'm so confused on what my dragon wants, is she brumating or is she just being difficult. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom