Angry Beardie Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
So A month ago he’s approximately 3 months old. I purchased a beardie from PETSMART which I know usually is a no go but I’ve had success with my first beardie he’s a year old 21 inches and weighs 1lb 5oz. So he’s pretty healthy I’d say. The baby I purchased is a translucent and he I’m saying for now (Titus) is fairly aggressive. He opens his mouth to bite when I try to pick him up and or he runs away from me. If I do get the chance to pick him up he sits for a few seconds then wiggles and black beards me. Any suggestions ?
97304-2950240826.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He might still be afraid of you (keep in mind you are much bigger). Try offering him some treats when you go near his tank. Maybe a silk worm or some black soldier fly larvae by hand. That may help him start to trust you and be more relaxed.

Christian0033

Original Poster
time has passed and my little "guy" is still fairly scared he opens his mouths, puffs up and turns to the side. I try to offer him the black soldier fly larvae and hornworms by hand he will sometimes take then then run or just stand there posturing. I can sometimes get an angel to pick him up anyway then i try to feed him he may take one but then just black beards. any more suggestions?
CooperDragon":arhior9j said:
He might still be afraid of you (keep in mind you are much bigger). Try offering him some treats when you go near his tank. Maybe a silk worm or some black soldier fly larvae by hand. That may help him start to trust you and be more relaxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom