Winter slow down? Or just lazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
For the past week, I noticed that Lyrica (5 months old) is starting to act a tad lazy, for a lack of a better term. She doesn't move often from her basking spot and I noticed that she's pooping a little less often. By that I mean she went from pooping every other day to every two days. Though last week she pooped two days in a row.

Other than that, not much else has changed. She still eats like a horse. Though she hasn't been walking to her salad bowl lately, which she normally does. If I pick her up and put her near the salad bowl she'll eat all her salad eagerly. But it almost seems like she'd rather lounge around than eat her greens.

The only time she gets active is when she sees me go into my roach bins to get her bugs. Then she'll glass surf while eagerly waiting for her bugs, which is typical of her. I haven't noticed any signs of a URI or parasites. She hasn't lost any weight, her poop isn't any smellier than it used to be, she's still alert and likes to watch me all day and she enjoys pets and cuddles most of the time too.

There hasn't been any changes to her enclosure and there are only two things that have changed, which I have no control over. She's going back into shed, her lips first and now I notice her tail and legs starting to dull again. The second thing is the weather. It's getting colder and days are getting shorter. It got down to 56 degrees last night, though I keep my room 75 degrees at the lowest at all times with a space heater so there's no danger.

I guess my question is in the title. She's a bit too young to go into brumation, but I've heard that even juveniles can slow down a little in winter. So is Lyrica reacting to the change in weather or is she just getting lazy? I'm not worried yet, but I'd like some opinions because this will be my first winter with a beardie.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could be a reaction to the seasonal changes or it could be a reaction to the shedding. It sounds like she is OK in general though so if she wants to be a bit lazy for now that's probably OK.

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, as soon as I posted this she decides to walk to her salad bowl on her own. Now she's walking around a little more. Might just have been a little tired for one reason or another. I know I get that way sometimes when I just feel like sleeping all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom