Pacing and clawing at glass doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girl is pacing and clawing at her tank doors. Tank is 6x2x2. This is the third day and Im concerned for her. No changes to temps or decorations or food habits.. This is a completely random occurance.

Stephanie

Blackenedsabbath

Hatchling Member
Does your beardie get time to run around outside of her tank at all? Glass dancing is usually a sign of stress but sometimes they do it when they have pent up energy or are bored and want to explore.

shenderson2772

Original Poster
She is very skittish to loud noises and to many people around her so we never considered letting her roam. What would be the best thing to let her do?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Try putting her in a room that you've secured by covering areas she can get trapped in, removing small bits from the floor that she could ingest, remove access to any other animals, and supervising her closely. You can set up a portable basking lamp in the room if she likes roaming around. They also often like to sit on a window sill and look outside.

Blackenedsabbath

Hatchling Member
If you don't have a room that can be easily made beardie-proof I find that those foam puzzle piece mats for kids are pretty useful to make a little fenced in area with, or you can use them to block off places she could get stuck in/crawl under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom