What's this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Hi :) I've been putting my finger next to my beardie every day when he's relaxed for about a week now, sometimes once a day, sometimes several if i have the time...

He trusts me enough to let me put his finger right next to him without running or flinching too much. He just kinda looks at it and carries on. After a while I'll try and pet his front leg a bit, and he used to be a little more freaked out but now he just flinches and calmly backs away an inch or so from my finger.

Today, I held my finger a little longer than I usually did and just made eye contact with him and smiled, and he seemed a lot more observant than usual. He stared at it for a good 30 seconds flat, and looked at it and me back and forth. After a while, though, he moved past my finger on his rock, and eventually went onto the ground facing towards the glass where I had the front door open. I didn't know what this meant, I was just scared he was going to try to jump out and escape and he's a little baby and his enclosure is high off the ground I didn't want him to hurt himself, so I put my hand up to the glass right in front of him which kinda frightened him and he ran back but he quickly went back up to his rock, to where I put my finger again and he still looked at it a bit more.

Any idea what this could mean? Was he trying to escape? Was he just curious? He's never voluntarily went closer like that unless I had food.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've had his door open like that plenty of times before. He's never been openly curious like that though. Always kinda reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom