Sleeping and hiding a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Well I have tried to search for answers on Biggs new behavior and still not sure what is going on. I am hoping someone has some advice for me. Miss Biggs is usually pretty active and a chow hound who loves to bask and snuggle and explore. However lately she has been under her hide and not eating, not basking and when I make her come out she just wants to get away from me and hide. (very not like her!) She is about 10-11 months old, the reptisun T5 UVB bulb was replaced last month. her warm side is about 97 and cool side is about 70. She has been in her hide for about 3 days now and the last time she acted like this it only lasted about a day. Should I make her come out of her hide and bask? And should I take her out and try and get her to be social? She is normally very sweet and curious and loves a good cuddle and its almost like she is pouting and being a typical teenager who didn't get their way. I just dont know what I did wrong :banghead:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like maybe she is trying to brumate. If everything else seems OK and she is just hiding/sleepy I'd let her be. Take her out every few days to track her weight as that should remain pretty stable over time.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you. I came home from work and she was out so I offered her her favorite roaches and she ate about 20 and I gave her some water from an eye dropper. And now she is back in her hide. Afraid that she didn’t bask after eating so I might try and coax her back out. If she doesn’t want to I won’t force her and just keep a close watch on her. And no poops for about a week now so maybe bath tomorrow.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She should be OK. My guy does that sometimes too - will eat a bunch and then sleep for a day and then come back out and bask. You just don't want a meal to sit for an extended period without digesting properly.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok. Thank you Cooper for always helping out! Hopefully someday I can help someone half as much as you and the others on here have helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom