baby beardie on cool side

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
hi! i got my beardie 3 ish weeks ago and hes always been fine, eating well, passing well, basking well, but yesterday when he woke up he sat on his cold branch for a good hour or so and i hand fed him a few worms, he didnt seem to want anymore so i put the rest in a bowl but he didnt eat the rest. after an hour he went back to his rock for the rest of the day and seemed alert and healthy, he ate just fine.

he did the same thing today - went straight to his branch and he's been on there for a good 2 hours now since he woke up, i didnt try and hand feed him because he wasnt in a good position for me to do so but i put the worms in a bowl and he didnt touch them either.

is he okay? should i be worried if he goes back go his basking light? his basking temps are fine. the only other tike he's ever done this is when they were too hot, but i've fixed them since then.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As long as his temperature gradient is good, he's just choosing to be cooler for now which isn't unusual. They sometimes just go through phases like this. Maybe a shed has him in a grumpy mood. Is everything else OK? Is he looking alert and healthy? If so, just let him move about how he wants for now and he will likely get back to normal after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom