PLEASE HELP, WORRIED ABOUT MY BEARDIE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin5505

I got my Beardie name Spike on Saturday, 15 months old.
Feeding
The first day, I fed him 4 crickets and 6 mealworms. Sunday, I fed him 3 crickets and 4 mealworms with a little bit of grape. Yesterday, I fed him 2 crickets and 3 mealworms. Today and yesterday, I tried feeding him greens like squash and basil leaf, and a little bit of carrots, but he seems to not eat them at all, even today. He ate 4 mealworms and 2 crickets today, and I still can’t get him to eat vegetables.
Problem
I’m thinking it is stress, but he isn’t basking under the light today as much, and was under the uvb light for a few hours and Went to the opposite corner from the basking area. Today I just switch the lights, and put the basking light on that opposite corner. Tbh idk what to do. He’s sleeping in that corner rn, and I just don’t know what to do. I researched, but I’m just unsure. I did handle him today for 20 min, letting him lay on my chest for 10 min and hang out in my living room. And for feeding, how do I get him to eat vegetables??? Even if I leave the food out in the bowl, he doesn’t eat them.

I’m sorry, my mind is just filled with a lot of questions, and I just can’t think. This is my first time getting a reptile, and I’m just afraid of him dying. Although I’m overreacting, but I’m jut worried. Please help.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would leave your lighting in place. Create a gradient so the basking area is hot (100-110 surface temp) with a good UVB light over it. The gradient should go down to about 75-85 or so on the cool side with little to no UVB over there. That will let him move around and get what he needs at a given time. They are very good at self regulating so it's up to us to provide them with high quality options. Which UVB light are you using? Have you measured the surface temps in the tank? Once that all checks out we can move on from there. I wouldn't worry about him too much yet but focus on getting everything just right for him. Can you post some photos of him and his enclosure? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

Mine started slowing down eating over the last two weeks (6 mo) and has been hiding a lot as well starting the same week you posted. The weather really did a 180 from 90's+F over the weekend to 40's/50's that week. Another gal in the same area with a similarly aged beardie said she thought it was semi brumation because hers is doing the same thing. I also think it's also because mine is going into a second shed and he just finished last one less that a week ago and has always gotten a bit pickier during that time. Hope yours perks up soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom