Need help with handling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! So my Gizmo is a little over a year old and she/he still has issues when I handle him/her. For topics sake, I’ll call Gizmo a her.
She lets me pet her, she sometimes lets me hold her. However I just took her out to hold her for about 20 minutes but as soon as I sat down she jumped off of me and jumped off my bed onto my floor. Then proceed to run away from me and hiss at me everytime I tried to pick her up to put her in her cage. She was scratching up my walls trying to escape it seemed like. I finally picked her up and put her in her cage but she was flaring and hissing the whole time..
is there any way to take or get her to stop doing this? She’s been like this ever since I got her when she was about a month old...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The running off is fairly common and is often due to them being curious and wanting to roam. The hissing is usually defensive though so I'm not sure what is causing that. I would be tempted to just take her out and let her roam a safe area without interfering. Maybe put up a portable basking lamp so she can warm up when she wants to. Maybe giving her some freedom and space will help. Maybe have some treats on hand so you can offer her some food and help build a bond when she's out of the tank as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom