I don't get it, why is she refusing to bask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alupe

I've tried setting the basking area everywhere between 35c to 43c but she just refuses to sit on her basking spot for anything longer than 10 minutes. And that's me putting her there! She's somewhat active, she eats, poops well but doesn't bask. I thought it might be the log so i changed it for a platform, made no difference. When her lights come on in the morning she'll either sit there and not move (but alert) or she'll wander around her viv, but she wont bask. In the two months ive had her i've never seen her go to bask on her own. There's times were she'll go darker and show stress marks, cold to touch but will still not go under her heat bulb. I don't get it. She's about a year old, not gravid, calm as anything has a repti-glo 2.0 30w strip light and overall pretty happy.

Any ideas, because i've run out :banghead:

Alupe

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1nq4g8b6 said:
How are you measuring the temperatures ?

Are you certain the temperatures are accurate ?

I'm using an Exo Terra PT2472 digital thermometer that sits on her basking spot. One on the cold side and one on the warm side. This is the exact one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Exo-Terra-PT2472-Digital-Thermometer/dp/B00101KWVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536585393&sr=8-1

I was told by the pet store that it was a good one and it's reviews are good so i'm almost certain im measuring the temps correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom