A question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legalis

I have two bearded dragons, a male who is 2 and a half years old, and a female who’s 2. Legalis my male has been alone since he was a hatchling as his brothers and sisters bit his foot off where he hatched, I adopted him and I can pick him up and pet him and he’s pretty tame compared to my female. Artemis, I bought her from the fire and ice website for 400 because I was wanting to breed and sell them myself. To no avail I do not wish to breed them but house them together. I have had them meet and be in the same cage together, all my male does is do fast head bobbing and puff out his beard that is blacker than black and his whole body goes darker, my female does the slow head bob back yet nothing else happens. My male just watches her every move. She also never lets me hold her, maybe pet her in her cage if a approach her in a non threatening way. I have tried relentlessly to get her to trust and let me hold her. I feel she’s lonely so that’s why I’d like to house them together but I’m not sure if I should just leave them in separate cages or if anyone has any advice on what I should do in that situation or on how to take my female to let me hold her.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It would be best to house them separately so that it doesn't stress them out, constantly. The
males can stress out themselves, as well as the female which long term isn't good. Also, they
could hurt each other possibly.
Did she let you hold her & pick her up before you housed her with the male?
They don't really get lonely, but it is nice sometimes for them to have some social interaction
as long as it doesn't cause harm to them.

Tracie

Legalis

Original Poster
No she’s never let me hold her since I got her. I have tried to handle her and get her used to me and trust me but it seems she won’t budge. Legalis, my male, he will let me hold him all day until something intrigued him and he wants to explore the house, which I don’t do, scared of losing him! Lol. But I never had this problem with him even as a juvenile he liked being held.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom