Looks like I’m already “Mr. Safe Guy”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday my new boy Beau had a little accident while hanging out with me. While chasing an imaginary bug (a pattern on my quilt) he dashed from my chest off the mattress where it was against the wall, trapping him there. I rescued him and petted him a little, and he was fine, just disoriented. I think he just sort of “slid” down in the space between the mattress and wall. His beard and body were quickly turning black, though, so I tried to return him to his terrarium, but for the first time ever he fought going inside (he is a shockingly chill beardie and is generally compliant and cool about everything) and instead climbed back on me, cuddling up against my neck. He cuddled for another hour then let me take him home so he could bask and warm up. I guess I’m seen as a safe space now post rescue? Did I do the right thing letting him stay with me?

dezismom

Juvie Member
Poor Beau! These things do happen, sometimes...how cool is it, that he sees you as his safe person, and seeks you out for comfort, when he was distressed? You did just right, by giving him time and comfort...They are very emotional little guys, and become quite attached to their chosen person. Beau has obviously chosen you! Can you post a few photos of Beau? (what a great name..."beautiful"... )

Here is my boy, Dezi. He likes comfort too!
82765-5511765699.jpg

MitchTheDragonDad

Original Poster
Yeah, the guy at the rescue center was calling him “the ugly one” since he’s a normal morph, so it seemed appropriate, lol. Here’s my great guy:

100409-7182353623.jpg

100409-6469992264.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
MitchTheDragonDad":2u8i1oy9 said:
Yeah, the guy at the rescue center was calling him “the ugly one” since he’s a normal morph, so it seemed appropriate, lol. Here’s my great guy:

100409-7182353623.jpg

100409-6469992264.jpg
My goodness he is NOT ugly at all! He is Downright adorable. :D He seems very lucky to have you. :) and Good job for rescuing him! :D What’s his name?

It probably startled him and he saw you as a spot of safety. :D Cisco once slid in between my bed accidentally and I Went and grabbed her and she seemed to cling on more.

I Think it’s just them showing that they trust you. :) and If something like that happens again, pick them up, cuddle them and give them a little treat if they’ve gotten stressed out.

View media item 60965 Loki says Hi. :)

-HippieLizards.

Peach

Hatchling Member
Glad Beau is fine. I think it's awesome that you two have bonded so well in such a short time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom