Beardie suddenly stopped running after food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurennnnn

My bearded dragon is about 6 months and he was doing fine. I noticed he was twitching from lack of calcium this sunday and im trying to give him more by giving his crickets different food than before. After that he hasnt been running after them to eat them, sometimes he eats one of them if its right infront of him. He has mealworms he hasnt eaten and he usually eats them right when I put them in his bowl. He also refuses hand feeding and he usually doesnt refuse.

I was thinking it was just he was getting lazier as he has grown and is only eating when he has to, but I would like to know if its much more serious.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At 6 months he should still have a decent appetite most of the time (it fluctuates over time). Did you bring him to a vet to diagnose calcium deficiency? Which UVB light are you using and how far is it from his basking area? Proper UVB exposure is also critical for their absorption of calcium and other nutrients. Crickets should be well hydrated by fresh veg scraps and dusted with a thin even coat of calcium powder but that should be enough. Calcium rich bugs like black soldier fly larvae are a good idea to offer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom