Head bow and strange mechanical head circle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie2015

Hi Everyone,

I saw that this was a topic before but it was several years ago so I didn't think anyone would pay attention to it. And I had more to add. I have a new and I am pretty sure is a female. Approx. 6 month old Bearded Dragon. I actually found her in my garage if you can believe that! I already have two others so she got lucky finding me. Anyway, I had her on my lap when my 3 year old female Bearded Dragon looked up at her(she was roaming around on the ground) and she acted like she didn't really care except she did this one thing before going on her way. And that was a very slow head bow. Now in the other post I found I read that they might do this to a male to show submissiveness. But she isn't a male and only a juvenile. Plus, my 3 year old acts completely different when she sees my male Beardie. So I was wondering what that was all about?

And my second question is when my 3 year old was younger I introduced her to my male who at the time was 6 months old. He went bizzirk of course even then but she acted like she could careless. Like she knew he was too young to breed and being stupid. :roll: But sense he jumped on her I never did that again. Anyway, now that they are older and when my male is roaming around and see's her in her cage he of course does his full black beard, head bobbing, slapping the ground with his hand and all that. My female just usually stares at him. That's about it. But the other day my female did something different. She did this strange mechanical like circle with her head. Over and over. It was strange. Just real slow and it looked kind of like when a human is exercising their neck and they do a full circle with it to stretch it. A little different but close as I can to giving an image. Kind of hard to explain I think. She doesn't tilt her head back or forward just a full circle with out tilting using her neck and shoulder muscles I guess. Does anyone know what I am talking about and what that might mean? I think maybe she was saying "Yeah, let's get it on", or something. lol I don't know. It sure has me curious though. And now she does this every time she see's him. So weird! Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know that gesture specifically but the slow speed and repetitiveness sounds like a submissive gesture (which isn't necessarily gender specific or age/size related). It could also be similar to the head bobs they do at nothing sometimes which usually happens when their hormones are acting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom