Bearded dragon running away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse103

Hello, i currently have a 10 month old bearded dragon. He is very friendly and doesn't bite, or hiss at me. He just runs away and I'm not sure why. I can pick him up, he will sit for about 30 seconds to a minute, and then just do short little runs to i guess run away. He doesnt sit still with me when i lay him on my lap or shirt or just in general. At night he will calm down and sleep on me, but other than that he's running away. How do i fix this (or can it be fixed)? I try to spend some time woth him, its just frustrating becsuwe all he does is run away. I really do want him to like me because I love him so much. Any insight on this situation would be very very helpful.
Thanks,
Jesse

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
young beardies love to explore. this is normal behavior. let him run around all he wants, but keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't get into trouble. when he start to turn dark, hell probably be happy to spend some time on you to up his body temp. but be sure he gets at least 8 hours of UVB exposure a day

Jesse103

Original Poster
Do you think he will calm down when he's a bit older? Like stop running away? I just want him to sit and chill with me.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They generally get more mellow as they get older but not always. Some of them just have curious energetic personalities. It also tends to be a bit cyclical and vary depending on the seasons. It's good that he is able to move around and get lots of exercise anyway.

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
it's pretty likely, but not guaranteed, that he'll chill out as he ages. my guy used to spend all of 10 seconds on me, then zoom off to explore. now, he'll sit on my chest or shoulder all day if i let him.

as cooper said, beardies have an amazing range of personalities. your buddy could chill out as he gets older, or he could keep his current energy level till the day he dies. its impossible to predict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom