My beardie is acting strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky72602

So my bearded dragon is about 6 months old, I've had her for about 4 months. We get along great, I try to take her out to roam my room every day or so and she likes to sleep on me before she goes to bed at night. The past week I have been busy and was unable to take her out much. Today I went to take her out and she ran away from my hand, her beard was puffed out a bit and she was making a very light hissing noise. She loves carrots so I fed her one from my hand and she was okay, but she wont let me near her otherwise.

I'm giving her a break because I don't want to stress her more than I already have, but does anyone know what is going on? I've read that it might be hormones but I also read that it might be 'our relationship', but i am just really concerned so please let me know.
Thanks

Dartandastro

This happened with my 3 month old bearded Astro as well I would let him roam around the house every day and then got busy where he was out of his tank less, make sure to hand-feed some treats like super worms or wax worms and don’t approach your beardie from the top as it makes you look like a predator instead put your hand lower than your beardies head and slowly move forward to the body. This won’t stress him out as much as when you come over the top to try and grab him like a predator would do. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom