Spike keeps hiding and burying his/her self under hide????

Status
Not open for further replies.
So spike was a hatchling when my wife took me to pick out. Brought home very active and eats alot. Loved to glass surf and enjoyed hanging out. Has a 20 gal. tank and adiquite heat and lighting. For about a week now spike has been going in his hide and digging into a little hole and just chilling in there. Sometimes he/she is sleeping in there sometimes just chilling half perched. Spikes color is very vibrant, doesn't seem to be in pain ie doesn't mind being handled moves around if I pull out uses all of his or her limbs. Still eats and still enjoys bath. Spike seemed kinda bloated earlier today but not to much. I'm really worried about spike because he's from petsmart and I know they really don't care for them as well as breaders. None the less I still need to get spike back to being spike. Is there anything y'all can think of. Oh it's the beginning of the summer plus I think spike is to young still for brumation. Could be wrong though. Spike has she'd alot in the month and a half I've had him/her. Grown alot too.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How old is spike now? Can you post some photos of her and her setup? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply. It's possible she's just going through a phase which happens from time to time. Since she isn't showing any other signs of problems she may just come back out of it after a while. Keep an eye on her weight to make sure that is stable but if she is otherwise OK and just wants to be in her hide for a while I'd let her do so.

sleeper69VW

Original Poster
Well thank god spike is better today. Came home from class and spike was running around like a crazy little lizard I know. Gave spike a bath for about 30 mins and it's like nothing ever happened. I'm trying to get a bigger tank now to give spike more room. I don't like the set up he's in. I'm going to post the pictures of spike in about 10 mins. Fresh out of the bath. As for age spike is probably really young. Had to be about 3 to 6 weeks when I saved him from pets mart. He was the most active and watched me the whole time I was near the tank. I had to bring him home.

sleeper69VW

Original Poster
Loves to. Cuddle with me and hang out on my shoulder when I'm working outside. The funny thing about the whole pet's mart thing is I was only there to get a larger tank for my boys red ear slider and a sucker fish. Spike just caught my attention and it took me about 45 mins. to convince my wife to let me get him. I'm so glad I did.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah spike looks nice and healthy. I agree it's important to enjoy the time when they are that small while you can. They grow up really fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom