Juvenile Glass Surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren1253

I got my Beardie almost a month ago now. I’m unsure of his age but I’m guessing it’s around 5-6 months. He’s been slowly getting more comfortable, but the past two days I’ve notice him glass surfing constantly. I’ve tried holding him and every time I do, he tries to jump off my hand and jump out of his tank. This is the first reptile I’ve had and I’m doing everything I can to educate myself to give him the best possible life. I care so much and I want to make sure he’s happy.
Side notes: I have him in a 20 gallon long tank, 100W basking spot, 10.0 UVB. His basking spot/warm side is usually around 100-110F and the cool side is usually around 85-90F. Humidity goes anywhere between 20-50%.
I’m really concerned so I could use all the advice I can get!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He might just be curious and want out. Do you have a safe area for him to explore? If so, take him out and let him run around a bit (well supervised) and see how he responds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom