Juvenile Glass Surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren1253

I got my Beardie almost a month ago now. I’m unsure of his age but I’m guessing it’s around 5-6 months. He’s been slowly getting more comfortable, but the past two days I’ve notice him glass surfing constantly. I’ve tried holding him and every time I do, he tries to jump off my hand and jump out of his tank. This is the first reptile I’ve had and I’m doing everything I can to educate myself to give him the best possible life. I care so much and I want to make sure he’s happy.
Side notes: I have him in a 20 gallon long tank, 100W basking spot, 10.0 UVB. His basking spot/warm side is usually around 100-110F and the cool side is usually around 85-90F. Humidity goes anywhere between 20-50%.
I’m really concerned so I could use all the advice I can get!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He might just be curious and want out. Do you have a safe area for him to explore? If so, take him out and let him run around a bit (well supervised) and see how he responds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom