Agression

Status
Not open for further replies.

stripegirl113

Hi, my dragon is about 6 months old as of right now and she is absolutely hostile. As a baby, I handled her very often and she seemed to not have any problem with it, but in the last few months, I have to be cautious as to not rile her up when feeding and whatnot. Handling is usually impossible, unless I manage to calm her down. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? Should I switch the location of the tank to somewhere where she can get used to me better? I love her very much, I would try anything.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How is she otherwise? Is she eating well? How are the temperatures in her tank? Does she have a good UVB light? If something is off in her environment it could cause her to be irritable. If this has lasted for a few months then it's not likely irritation due to a shed. It's good to have them in a room with plenty of traffic and interaction since they tend to be curious (generally). Can you post some photos of her and her setup? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

Try some bonding techniques like hand feeding her treats, speak to her regularly, but give her space if she is acting defensive or hostile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom