Bearded Dragon Eyes are closed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabbyE

Hello,
so I just got my baby bearded dragons a couple of days ago, 3 to be exact and I'm a bit worried because he has his eyes closed a lot during the day. Especially whenever I try to interact with him. Often times too he'll only have on eye opened and one eye closed. I'm really worried because I'm a new beardie owner and have done a lot of research and I've never heard of this before. I don't know if it's my fault or maybe he was sick when I bought him?

His basking spot temp is 109 degrees and the overall temp is 98 while the cool side (his favorite side) is 83 degrees. I use the Zoo Med Repti Sun 10.0 bulb and 100w Exo terra bulb. I don't know what to do. He also isn't eating much of his vegetables but I thought that was normal because he's only a baby. He eats pinhead crickets but only if they're right n front of him. He won't actually catch them. I've also been misting him as well. He seems to like that and drinks the water while I do that.

Thank you

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My observation is they spend a lot of time basking with their eyes , or one of them , closed.

If he is looking around and using his eyes at other times , he should he fine.

If you suspect the eye closing is indicative of photoconjunctivitis , turn off his UV for a few days and see if there is a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom