Bearded Dragon Eyes are closed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabbyE

Hello,
so I just got my baby bearded dragons a couple of days ago, 3 to be exact and I'm a bit worried because he has his eyes closed a lot during the day. Especially whenever I try to interact with him. Often times too he'll only have on eye opened and one eye closed. I'm really worried because I'm a new beardie owner and have done a lot of research and I've never heard of this before. I don't know if it's my fault or maybe he was sick when I bought him?

His basking spot temp is 109 degrees and the overall temp is 98 while the cool side (his favorite side) is 83 degrees. I use the Zoo Med Repti Sun 10.0 bulb and 100w Exo terra bulb. I don't know what to do. He also isn't eating much of his vegetables but I thought that was normal because he's only a baby. He eats pinhead crickets but only if they're right n front of him. He won't actually catch them. I've also been misting him as well. He seems to like that and drinks the water while I do that.

Thank you

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My observation is they spend a lot of time basking with their eyes , or one of them , closed.

If he is looking around and using his eyes at other times , he should he fine.

If you suspect the eye closing is indicative of photoconjunctivitis , turn off his UV for a few days and see if there is a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom