Regaining my lizards trust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mking0347

So for the past couple weeks, my beardie has been displaying signs that she’s scared of me; running off whenever I try to pet her back, or whenever it’s time for her bath/exercise time. However nothing aggressive, no puffed bodies or beard. I went through something of a depressive bought and I hadn’t realized how little attention my lizard was getting beyond feeding and bathing attempts while I went through that stage.

1_B8_C132_C-0_EAF-4_CA4-952_A-_F242_F5917_ABD.jpg

(https://postimg.cc/image/e9qhiesh3/)

I got her when she was just a week or two older than a baby, and until this point she’s always been rather mellow with me. She’d sit with me while I was on my phone, just lay on the bed with me, on my arms and chest. However her attitude has completely changed and I know it’s mostly all my fault, and I feel absolutely terrible to say the least.

It’s hard for to me to give my lizard the life I want her to have if she doesn’t trust me anymore. If any of you have any tips on how to regain her trust, I would be more than grateful!

rjaimz1

Hold old is she now? Start by putting your hand in the cage, rest it on the bottom so she knows you are not a predator, you can also try hand feeding greens, hold them out infront of her and move it around a little. Slowly work on picking her up, when you do approach from the bottom of the belly towards the head, make sure all legs are supported. This will help her be more comfortable. If she is young, it is normal for them to be afraid for awhile.

Mking0347

Original Poster
rjaimz1":aod3kmm0 said:
Hold old is she now? Start by putting your hand in the cage, rest it on the bottom so she knows you are not a predator, you can also try hand feeding greens, hold them out infront of her and move it around a little. Slowly work on picking her up, when you do approach from the bottom of the belly towards the head, make sure all legs are supported. This will help her be more comfortable. If she is young, it is normal for them to be afraid for awhile.

I’d say she’s maybe 6-8 months old? She’s a sleep right now so I can’t get an exact measurement, but definitely under a year. And thank you for the advice! I’ll try those out definitely

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
she's hormonal .... becoming an adolescent .... yes it happens teenage beardies too .... she'll soon be back to normal , just be patient .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom