Hyper dominant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cturner

Original Poster
U would have thought after 6 years i would have noticed something. She would have given the game away in some subtle form..... the male cats are submissive infront the beardie ... they ly down on there backs as he passes them and he gives them a little lick and carries on. I am no fool when it comes to cats ... they are crafty little ****s.. we had hamsters as well and the male cats were very interested at any given opportunity (obviously i never let the hamsters out to roam free) And i appolgise for being defensive. But if u were to spend time with the female cat u would know exactly what i am on about. I am not a mug nor am i some witless wonder who thinks that having a beardie is cool only to lose interest in it. This is my third beardie in my lifetime all have exceeded the average lifespan in captivity and all have co-existed with other pets in the house at different stages . All got regular 6 month check ups with the vet. Trust me i dont know everything but i know how to care for them. One of my beardies forned a friendship with my dog at the time ... u couldnt seperate them. The behaviour that my beardie is now displaying only stated when the cat became pregnant ... maybe she was giving off a different scent that the beardie was foreign to but i would have expected that to disappear when the pregnancy was over... it didnt now the cat lives in fear when entering the living room. Its so weird ... the beardie sits with the rabbits and basks in good weather now they are roughly the same size as the cats.

In personal experience the beardie gets used to the occupents of the house including humans and as time goes by once they have established there is no threat they can live happy lives. . . He was happy until 2 years ago he started attacking the cat whenever she walked past. He feels he must defend his terrortory when she is in his eyeline. He doesnt run from her he makes point of charging at her from a good 20ft away. Its like hes saying i am the boss in here.
Sorry for rambling on lol

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Then its simple, just don't let that cat near him at all. You may want them all to be the best of buddies but that's not how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom