Normal for a 2-3 month old spending all day in basking rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
I got my little guy almost 2 weeks ago, and he spends 95% of his time on his basking rock. Other times he is not on it is chasing crickets or pooping somewhere else in his viv. The other 5% does spend time somewhere else. But I NEVER see him on top of his log? I read it might be temperature issues but his temps are just fine, read by a temp gun. basking rock is 98-108F, around it 94-100, and cool side 70-82.
93594-5405225391.jpg

tried moving things around

93594-1984523908.jpg
he does sometimes, the other 5%, go to the middle log the half log. But he never get on his big log that I bought him. for some odd reason he actually hates the big climbing log! whenever i put him there every time he jumps off. he wont stay there for a min

but nothing.
I guess its good that he spends his time there instead of the cool side, but literally all day there?
could it be cuz he is still settling in?
He seems to be pretty settled, he eats, poops, basks, and sleeps pretty good. I can hand feed him whenever, and he is not whatsoever skittish/shy/afraid, I take him out and play with him a few times a day. He eats his veggies like a pro (LOVES squash), and overall those everything a normal beardie would. but any reason why he would spend 95% of the time there basking with his mouth open all the time?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like he's just content to be basking. You have a good variety of things there for him to use and the temperature range is good so I'd just let him bask if that's what he wants. I don't think it's cause for concern but rather a good sign that he is content.

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3d39lma6 said:
It sounds like he's just content to be basking. You have a good variety of things there for him to use and the temperature range is good so I'd just let him bask if that's what he wants. I don't think it's cause for concern but rather a good sign that he is content.

sounds good to me :D thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom