does my baby like me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

southworthhhh

I have had my baby bearded dragon for only FOUR DAYS and he has already napped on my chest for hours while I watch Netflix, cuddled on my shoulder and, again, nap on me, run around my room and sniff everything, and also nap in my shoes, and he seems to have settled in fine. It seems unbelievable that his change from a breeder to me has gone so well, which is why I feel like I'm wrong. I always here that people's bearded dragons take way longer to warm up to them. I'm concerned that I'm actually wrong and he hates me. Maybe I'm just really bad at reading body language, or maybe he is like the perfect beardie and loves everyone unconditionally. I'm not entirely sure. Any input would be fantastic, thanks!-Sarah

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like he's warmed up quickly which is a good thing. It really varies individual to individual.

When I first got my two older beardies I let them settle for a day or two and then I began handling once I saw that they were eating and acting fine. Then with my third beardie I brought her home, handled her a bit and then let her go into her enclosure for the rest of the day. The next day I had to go somewhere for 5+ hours so I brought her with me (just her nothing else) as I figured it would be a good chance at bonding plus I didnt want to leave her home alone since she was only 4 months old. She did fantastic, just sat there on my chest, looked around, never tried to run off, ect (we were also outside the majority of the time). I think I got there at about 10 AM and then stayed till 7 PM or so. When it got darker out she ended up falling asleep on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom