Moving stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra213

I'm a new mom to a 3month old named Torrin. I've had him about 2 weeks now and he was warming up really quick to me. He's very active and alert, a good little guy. However we had to move a couple days ago. Since then his personality has 180'd. He's very jumpy, avoiding my hands, and earlier today he tried to leap out of his cage, and I'm really worried. It wasn't an expected move and I feel really bad because I know he must be scared and I feel like a horrible mom putting him through it. He's still got an appetite which is good, but he's covered in stress marks. What is the best thing I can do for him at this point?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just let him get used to the new environment. Try to establish a good routine with him and he'll likely settle back down. If he seems to want out to explore go ahead and let him (sometimes they are very curious) but just keep a close eye on him when he's out and about.

Terra213

Original Poster
Torrin's doing a bit better today, I think my new mom nerves got to me. We've had to develop a new routine but I think he's adjusting to it. Just before the move he never actively avoided me before. Even when I brought him home he just wanted to stay on my hand instead of going in the cage. I've been trying longer stints outside the cage, but he loves to bolt. He can make it across my bed in .5 seconds. But he's overall improving so thank you. Now if only I can get him to eat more veggies lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom