Doesn’t like the dark??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhalDrogo1

I’m trying to put Drogo on a day/night schedule and every time I turn out the lights he freaks out, running around the tank, clawing at it, tonight he started jumping into it like he was head butting it, and won’t stop unless I take him out and hold him then put him back in with the lights on. Could it be he just doesn’t like the dark? The pet store I bought him from said they keep the lights on at all times so maybe he’s just not used to it I don’t know it’s just weird

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It might take some adjustment. How long are you setting his day schedule? Perhaps you could use a lamp dimmer to slowly reduce the light to imitate a sunset rather than having them go on/off instantly which might be causing a reaction. Sometimes they just get restless around bedtime though and it works out best to take them out and let them fall asleep in the room or with you and then you can transfer them to the tank later on.

CliffsMom

Maybe he thinks the sudden darkness is a bird swooping down on him? A people night light - those dim little blueish ones - plugged in where he sleeps might help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom