Digging + G. Surfing, 2 weeks now... Gravid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazela35

Hello all,

My beardie, Tazo (~1 y/o) has been digging in her substrate and glass surfing for around 2 weeks now. I thought perhaps it was hormonal stuff (she's female, I believe) so for the first week I just monitored her. However, this past week she has literally been flinging herself at the tank walls, as well as constant, non-stop digging in her enclosure.

A few days ago I created a lay box for her, as I saw on multiple posts that such behavior might indicate being gravid. I used play sand, 9-10 inches deep in a large Rubbermaid bin, created a slope and with a little water for moulding, created a divet/hole for her to dig. Every day I've put Tazo in the bin (with basking light) to see if she'll start digging.... nothing. She tries to scurry out, so I put her back in her enclosure.

When I put her on the floor to run around, she's very active/antsy (this outside-cage behavior is also strange for her), but as soon as I put her back in her enclosure the digging ensues again. I do not feel or see any bumps in her tummy. Her eating habits are normal, and besides the digging she exhibits normal behavior.

What could be going on?

--
Food: Crickets (calcium dusted), blueberries, collard greens, occasional soft apple or banana chunks (calcium dusted).

Lighting: ReptiSun 10.0 UVB, ExoTerra 60W (I think) Daytime lamp, ExoTerra 75W Night Lamp. <-- I have used all these lights without fail since I initially got Tazo.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible she's gravid so I'd keep offering time in the dig box but if she wants out let her out. It's possibly just the season that has her active and riled up in which case there isn't a lot to do except let her run around and burn off some energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom