New Behavior....head butts everything in his path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
What is he doing? Biggie is about 6-7 months now and has been pretty scared of roaming and exploring, he just started exploring a little more each day this past week and I’m very happy he is getting so brave (although if someone he doesn’t know holds him or he gets scared he still runs to me....not complaining I’m flattered) today he started head butting everything that came into his path, the chair, couch, wall, a shoe left on the floor....even my hand when I put it in front of him to stop him from going under the stove. Was really funny till I started laughing and was given the evil eye from Biggs. Is this normal behavior when they start roaming? Just wondering if that’s their way of checking things out.

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
usually this is either a sign of an impending shed or a dominance behaviour

if he's doing it on non-reflective surfaces, he's probably getting ready to shed and is trying to either scratch an inch or loosen the skin

their method of exploration involves licking things, so its not that

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thank you. His head is very grey and looks like it’s about to shed again. Poor guy seems to be constantly in a state of shed somewhere on his body. And he does lick everything too.

Cturner

Licking is very common ... its how they check things out. The head butting might not be deliberate .... as his confidence grows so will his walking pace. Being that their eyes are on the side of their heads, their depth perception is not great. My beardie bangs into things all the time. Table legs are common because they lose track of it the closer they get

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I never thought of that. LOL but then again I assume the walls are kinda hard to miss.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LOL good to know my girl isn’t the only dwerp out there. And she isn’t really a roamer or explorer. But she is young still so maybe her confidence will grow before she gives herself a concussion :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom