Suddenly decided he's terrified of being outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSUTigris

I've had my 1yr old beardie since he was tiny. Last summer he couldn't get enough of being outside & now he is terrified!! Like puffed out, black beard, bite my hand off terrified and the birds seem to set him off. I figured some of it is him maturing & natural instincts coming into play but any tips on how to get him comfortable being outside again?? I've tried sitting outside under the patio & holding him in a towel but he's still so scared. Thanks!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Are you the only one he has contact with / who lives in the same home ?

If he is scared of being outside and really spooked by things flying overhead, no more outside for him. If he doesn't enjoy the experience , it's not worth stressing him by forcing it on him. He may settle over time but he may never feel comfortable or safe outside.

LSUTigris

Original Poster
Are you the only one he has contact with / who lives in the same home ?

I'm the only human he has contact with for the most part. I also have 2 dogs, a cat, & another beardie. He's not bothered at all by any of them.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't force it too much. Try just small batches of time outside and keep him on your lap and close to you. After a while he may enjoy it again but try to be responsive to his mood and don't force him to be out if it's causing stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom