Sleeping early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
My beardie has been fine basking the other days and just recently today he seems really lethargic. I put him under his basking lights and he finds a way to move onto the cooler side. He has been eating like a cow though, his greens, dubias, salad, dubias. He is partially going to shed on his face and arm so maybe that has something to do with it? In the past, with his sheds, he wouldn't sleep or have his eyes closed. It has been really really windy making howling noises so I am not sure if strong winds make them sleepy or just want to be hidden.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He does but after a few mins he wants to find a place to hide and sleep. He’s been very moody lately getting really angry ? jet black bearding and all but he doesn’t stay like that only if he doesn’t want to be touched or be bothered. I’ve been weighing him to keep track. He’s not losing weight so I’m not sure what’s going on. His appetite today is up and down fluctuating, I always offer greens in the morning so he eats it then after give a few roaches but he hasn’t really ate much.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

I'm pretty sure that it's just hormones. My male Loki has been constantly Black bearding and has been acting just like yours has. This behaviour should stop or lessen within a month or two.

Also, Could there have been something that could have scared him? My beardies will do that and get super freaked out if the fan is on (they would think that it's a giant overhead bird I believe).

-HippieLizards.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok, thank you. That's what I thought but wasn't sure. He actually was scared whenever I had the fan but I removed it so it's definitely not anymore :lol: He is such a spoiled beardie!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
You're welcome. :)

and Lol, wow he is spoiled to have you remove the fan all for him! :D

Since I use my fan so much My beardies have FINALLY gotten used to it.. Cisco used to hiss and run around everywhere in her tank and trash the whole tank and then poop all over the place and make a huge mess. :x So I'm very happy that she's finally used to it. :p

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
HippieLizards":2jgpm3qo said:
You're welcome. :)

and Lol, wow he is spoiled to have you remove the fan all for him! :D

Since I use my fan so much My beardies have FINALLY gotten used to it.. Cisco used to hiss and run around everywhere in her tank and trash the whole tank and then poop all over the place and make a huge mess. :x So I'm very happy that she's finally used to it. :p

Oh yeah, big time spoiled! Although He does trip out on the smoke detectors, I have no idea but he will run through the house and then completely stop, look up and stare for awhile. As soon I walk or make any sudden movements, he puffs out his body lol its quite funny but I'm hoping he will just get used to it in time. Glad that your Cisco got used to everything though :lol:

He was basking early today for a good few hours and then he decided to glass surf all over, jumping all over everything, trying to jump into the background. Now he is officially pooped!

92311-7619618191.jpg
92311-6383223738.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Awww, :) I Bet that the super hyper-activeness is probably hormones. Where did you get the blanket from? because he seems to enjoy it. :D How is he doing today?

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He does. I got the blanket from Jo-Ann's Fabrics Store :D
He's doing alright. He got up this morning and basked a little maybe a couple of hours now he's just relaxing in his cave. He's been wanting to go and hide a lot lately is that part of the hormone process?
92311-9860213720.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
I'm not certain that it is hormones but it could be. He could possibly be trying to do a late semi-brumation but I'm not positive.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just bumped up the temps a bit and lowered his Megaray MVB down a bit, he seems to be most active with the mega ray bulb. Today, he went crazy again running all over the enclosure, glass surfing, all that fun stuff and now he gets pooped out :lol:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Yep, Definitely hormones. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom