Beardie started turning black and mostly staying on cold sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crcantrell

Hey, I made a post a few weeks ago about my baby beardie not eating. As he settled in he started doing just fine, and it's all going good. I don't really want to right out all his tank specs but the people that responded said everything is good, and everything is exactly the same since then.

However, when I first had my dragon (one month old tomorrow) he would spend most of his time basking, but yesterday he stopped doing his regular thing and has been turning mostly a dark grey and some black, and basking for short periods of time and relaxing behind one of his hides on the cold side most of the day.

He is still eating good and pooping just fine, I'm just
Wondering what could cause him to change his behavior so drastically. He started his first shed about 3 days ago, so maybe that could cause it but I don't really know as this is my first dragon ever.

(P.S. once he goes to cool side he goes back to his normal colors)

Thank you in advance for responding :)

Crcantrell

Original Poster
Preferred basking spot fluctuates around 109 depending on bedroom temps hes around 4 inches from the light and his cool side is 75-80 temps measured with digital thermometer with probe

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The temps are good but you want to make sure the lights are well out of reach. I'll bet the behavior change is shed related. That can cause them to act differently sometimes. It's not uncommon to see them lose appetite or act grumpy during a shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom