Glass surfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katienic

My beardie (who is about 3) has been glass surfing like crazy. I know it usually means stress but I don’t know what it could be. He’s in a 40 gallon and I’m saving money to get him in a bigger tank with new things. He doesn’t really like being held a lot and when he does get out of the tank he just runs to a corner and will hiss if I try to grab him.there hasn’t really been any changes for him

I've had my beardie for over a week now. When he first glass surfed I was searching and searching for what might be stressing him. Then I realised he glass surfs just before he goes to the toilet and just after he goes and until I clean his mess up.. Also if he's hungry he'll glass surf.. He knocks to come out aswell. I'm waiting to get him a bigger viv aswell so hope the more room will stop him glass surfing.. I don't really know what causes them to glass surf but thought the more ideas into why other beardies glass surf may help figure out why yours does it... he's not glass surfing cus the temperature isn't right or is he shedding? I have read that this can be another reason why they glass surf... hope you figure it out and he's ok.

Katienic

Original Poster
Newtothisbeardie":2pd3llq3 said:
I've had my beardie for over a week now. When he first glass surfed I was searching and searching for what might be stressing him. Then I realised he glass surfs just before he goes to the toilet and just after he goes and until I clean his mess up.. Also if he's hungry he'll glass surf.. He knocks to come out aswell. I'm waiting to get him a bigger viv aswell so hope the more room will stop him glass surfing.. I don't really know what causes them to glass surf but thought the more ideas into why other beardies glass surf may help figure out why yours does it... he's not glass surfing cus the temperature isn't right or is he shedding? I have read that this can be another reason why they glass surf... hope you figure it out and he's ok.

I can’t seem to find the reason for his glass surfing. I’d love to help him out. He got done shedding about a week ago, and just recently ate. I noticed he does seem to do more in the evening

It's hard trying to figure it out isn't it. Does his colour change when he's glass surfing? Maybe keep a note of the times he does it see if there is a pattern. Could even be a certain tv show or something that is gping on out side the viv in the evening that's making him glass surf maybe? Bit of a long shot but do they have like mating seasons could that be a reason why he's glass surfing. I know if my kids are acting wild and running around my beardie tends to run back and forth his viv with them and I thought it was stress he was doing it but his colouring is all pale and light and no stress marks so you can see he's just joining in.. When he glass surfs if he's toileting or hungry he goes darker on his beard and his stress marks come out. If he is knocking to come out his back goes darker then you take him out and he goes lighter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom