Beardy has ants in her pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thew

Hey everyone,

So my beardy seems like she can't sit still at the moment. She is constantly running around when I get her out and when I put her back she starts glass surfing.

My main concern is that she isn't eating well at the moment. She isn't under weight but I'd like to make sure she is okay and not stressed. She is eating a little veg and live but not alot.

Is this normal spring behaviour because she seems rather happy running around my house just it's different to her usual behaviour.

Little about her, she's about 11 months old, her temperatures are correct, we haven't moved her viv around recently and we are pretty sure she is a she but we are not 100%.

Any tips to help out or am I just being paranoid?

Thew

Original Poster
destiny1998":3t5kkziw said:
Hi. Yep. Hormones. I have a female that acts like that every year around this time.

Thanks for that. Any ideas how long it will last and anything I can do to make her more comfortable? Also is there anything I should be looking out for in case it's not hormones and maybe something more serious?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. It can take a month or more before they settle down. If she starts digging a lot that is a sign that she has eggs.

Mackelyn

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I haven’t had my bearded dragon for a full year yet, so I’m new to everything. I have especially noticed since she woke up from brumating that she has been very active. It worries me sometime though because she seems to be up very late at night. I can’t figure out what it is. Is she stressed? If she is then why? Does she want attention? I can’t figure her out. I try and pet her to get her used to me, but she just doesn’t seem to. I haven’t successfully taken her out of her tank. I want to hold her so bad. I want to give her a bath so bad. I want to let her run around. And she bobbed her head at me for the first time today. Sorry to unload all this here. I’m just stressing out so much because I just want to give her a good home.

My dragon is doing just the same. She is 3 years old, but I've only had her for about a month now. I've set her up a playpen in my room with a separate basking lamp and that seems to keep her quieter. I was also having problems with her weight because she was just moving non stop, but I have made some changes to her diet and letting her out during the day seems to have stabilized her.

Also with the heat wave we're having in the UK right now I have been able to take her outside quite a lot which she has really been enjoying. Hopefully they will all start to calm down soon :)

Thew

Original Poster
So quick update guys. Mine has been to the vet, turns out she is in the early stages of development of eggs. She's been prescribed reptoboost bath's to help encourage her appetite but her behaviour is still off. She isn't eating well as of yet, which is stressful as we need to increase her calcium to help her build her eggs. Anyone got any experience with reptoboost? How long before its effects begin to show etc. Also anyone with any info on how to encourage her to eat would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom