Cage placement m /f

Status
Not open for further replies.

doch

So.... Shortened story, my dragons (a 12m male and and 18m female) go to my daughters mom's place with her, so they have 2 separate homes. There, the cages are in separate rooms. At my house, the cages are adjacent. The male goes bat poop crazy all day trying to get at her. She reacts and runs around the cage too.

Is this a good thing because it keeps them active, or a bad thing because of potential stress?

Thanks!

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Its more of a bad thing because it causes stress and in some cases can cause the female to cycle her eggs (from what I know at least). Also probably causes the male a lot of frustration.

I had to put paper towel all over my adult females enclosure as my adult male was stressing her out so much with his head bobbing. Luckily once i rearrange my room more and fit in a rack system the only sides covered will be the actual sides rather than the front.

My female aslo rubbed her nose raw because they could see each other, luckily I put up the paper towels or it would be worse than it is and my male would also have a raw nose. She just finished her shed and its healed but you can clearly see that there was some damaging to it.

I'd put some paper towels on the sides they can see each other to limit the stress.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Stack the vivs , one ontop the other.

This will prevent the two from having to see each other all day everyday. Only time they will see each other will be when one is out of it's viv for snuggles or floor adventure time.

doch

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. I have put cardboard in between them and he has mellowed out infinitely. Maybe I'll remove it every so often to get him some exercise!! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom