Beardie acting weird, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenandWen

Okay so,I haven't been on this website for a long time. I went on vacation and I left the person who was taking care of Henry some bags of salad so every day she was getting fed they could just pour it into his food bowl and give her a couple of crickets. So thats what they did, along with cleaning her water dish. But when I came back she was basking and thirsty :| . I poured water into her mouth with a water bottle and she drank a lot. Then, I filled up the bath tub and put her in the water. I don't know why but she went crazy :help: . Maybe it was just because she was happy to see water, but I don't know... First she was putting her head partially in the water a couple of times, but didn't seem to be drinking any. Then, she was whipping his tail around, splashing water. She was swimming around crazily, sort of like she wanted to get out. So I put something for her to climb on to if she wanted a break. She did, only to jump right back into the water again... I took her out and put her in her cage on her basking area. Then she lifted up her front legs and stuck her nails into the screen above her, where her heat lamp is :shock: . So I grabbed her feet and put them back down. But then, she was running around her cage and scratching the sides of her cage :( .

I don't know whats happening, but this isn't the beardie I remember. It isn't anything serious, but please respond! Thank you so much!

There are many questions I haven't answered, so ask away!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

I'm pretty sure that he just got scared in the bath. Eventually they'll get more used to it and even sometimes enjoy it.

Plus once they're more used to baths it gives them an opportunity to drink and poop. Also they only need to be bathed once every other week or unless they get dirty. Because frequent bathing can stress them out if they don't seem to enjoy it.

The only reason why I bathe my beardies every week is because they get REALLY messy ALL the time.

-HippieLizards.

HenandWen

Original Poster
HippieLizards":2vkstthz said:
Hello,

I'm pretty sure that he just got scared in the bath. Eventually they'll get more used to it and even sometimes enjoy it.

Plus once they're more used to baths it gives them an opportunity to drink and poop. Also they only need to be bathed once every other week or unless they get dirty. Because frequent bathing can stress them out if they don't seem to enjoy it.

The only reason why I bathe my beardies every week is because they get REALLY messy ALL the time.

-HippieLizards.

Well, she does like baths. I've been bathing her since she was a baby. Maybe she just didn't like this bath... You might be right, but when ever I took her out she ran back in. And when I was walking with her after her bath, she was squirming and wanted to get away. Then she ran across my carpet over to her cage :| . But she isn't doing this because she doesn't like me, because I know that she loves me! Maybe she just wasn't used to human contact because of our vacation (that was a week long.)

Oh and also I forgot to say, her beard was as white as snow while bathing, so pretty sure she wasn't stressed? :|

Thanks for responding!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I'm pretty sure that she was stressed from you leaving for a trip. My beardies always get sad and stressed acting if I'm gone for more then a day and then perk up and are hyperactive when I'm back.

Beardies will remember human contact for a very long time so I just think that she missed you and the bath stressed her out even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom