Right up against the glass everyday all day??

Status
Not open for further replies.
98177-739365230.jpg

Hi, my Doli is in the position, almost everyday all day. I do bring him out and lay him by the sunlight by he window 20 minutes a day and I play with him. The minute I put him back in his terrarium he’s in the position again. He eats well, and poops well. He goes into his “bed” as soon as the lights are off - and as soon as I turn the light back on he’s back to starting at me like that. What could possibly be the reasoning behind this? He’s about 9 inches long and I have a 40 gallon tarrarium with perfect lighting. ?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Saying "perfect lighting" isn't exactly telling us if it is perfect so do you think you could explain your current lighting setup a bit more. Posting pictures of the whole enclosure (including the lights) would be good.

Is he basking at all or constantly against the glass?
If hes not basking the temps may be too high so make sure to tell us the basking temp, warm side temp and cool side temp.

And just in case do you use any colored lights or heat during the night?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that a rundown of your lighting will help us make sure it's a good match for your tank since they are all a bit different. Judging by his face in that photo he is curious about what's going on outside the tank which is pretty normal (and a good sign in my opinion). He might just want out for some more adventures or is just watching what's going on in the room.

Jennykim1209

Original Poster
98177-4261149294.jpg
98177-1983157895.jpg
98177-165517699.jpg

These are the images of my terrarium with lighting.
I use the reptisun t5 uvb 10 that is mounted Inside the kid- and basking light to the left. I have a CHE to the right and turn it on when the temperature drops below 60’s at night. I laser the temp inside and it currently says 110-115 right on the very top of basking area- 100 where Doli is resting in that picture, and 80-85 on the cooler side. It’s actually reading higher today becuase New York weather is in the 70’s right now for a change. It’ll drop again next week but that’s the current reading.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks fantastic and your lighting is just right. I'll bet he's just being curious about his surroundings. I would try to encourage that to the extent you can keep him relatively safe. Just pick up any small bits off the floor so he doesn't eat them, block off areas you can't get him out of, make sure no other animals are around etc.

Jennykim1209

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2cj0wabj said:
That looks fantastic and your lighting is just right. I'll bet he's just being curious about his surroundings. I would try to encourage that to the extent you can keep him relatively safe. Just pick up any small bits off the floor so he doesn't eat them, block off areas you can't get him out of, make sure no other animals are around etc.

Yeah, yesterday he ran and hid under my cabinet and I had to literally bribe him with crickets for me to get him out. I’ll invest in a playpen next time I let him roam free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom