He thinks he is super man

Status
Not open for further replies.
His monstrous-ness is pretty active. He likes being out and roaming where he pleases, usually finds a place to nap or judge others. But one, he has no sense of height. He once jumped off a three foot high table to go after a vet tech that displeased him, i literally caught him mid air (I have been throwing small balls and catching them to prepare for a moment like this). I know that most dragons dont have this sense. But is it possible for him to overestimate his strength? For example he will be perched on my chest and he will just let go with one or two limbs. One time i caught him holding his own foot and staring me down. Also he will be perched on the back of my neck and will point himself down and crawl down my back, until he is all the way upside down. I always have another person right near me in case he drops or jumps. He isnt allowed to be out with one person until he is a little older. Also maybe im reading into it, but he seems to get some sick joy at making me worry and likes to crawl up and around as i try to reposition him to put in in my line of sight. Like haha mom, just kidding I am amazing, you thought i was going to jump, you should have seen the look on your face. He does like me, and doesn't fear me, he never runs from me or black beards me until im like pestering him, checking his vent or trying to dry him after a bath.

But part one, is he as strong as he thinks he is?
Part two, does anyone else have a menace for a beardie?

jskbest

Lol, I would love to read more of your stories. My beardie is the same way. He likes to jump from heights that are insanely high for him. He also will do the same with climbing down, head first. I get paranoid with him. We went and bought a play yard for him, so I don't have to eyeball him so much when he is out. However, today, he decided to learn to climb the cage... They are a bit of dare devils, or mine and yours are...

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
The issue is they have a poor depth perception .... only solution is to in control at all times when on a bed, chair and to keep off tables , benches especially where the floor is hard and unforgiving.
This is also why beardies have a habit of bumping into wide flat surfaces like walls , doors and windows.

In the wild dragons routinely bask in tall termite mounds, tree stumps and tree limbs, and farm fence posts , and boulders , and when spooked or they spot a potential mate or competitor (another male dragon) or food, will commonly leap off , sometimes from 4 - 6 ft high , but in their natural range the usual landing spot will be thick very long grasses, or leaf litter so the landing is not so heavy as it can be in a domestic or vet surgery setting.
Be very careful in general.

My skinks and dragons have all been prone to climbing off the lounge suddenly when I'm not looking , fortunately my floor is carpeted and the drop is short (only about 45cm) , none the less - if my BT or beardie who is on the lounge next to me shows a desire to get off and go down onto to floor (ie is looking over the edge and seems to want off) I will lower them physically to the floor and deposit them there , or slow their decent by holding their tail .

I do not let my skinks or dragons shoulder or head surf unless I'm either sitting on the floor or the bed or the lounge and never without supporting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom