Unusually friendly beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaNezSait

Hello! Today my first beardie arrived. Yay! I let him settle down in his tank for a while, and then I decided to feed him. Before I put the feeder insects in I couldn't resist a quick pet. I was expecting him to hiss, puff or try to move away. He didn't do anything, he just stood there and closed his eyes as I stroked him. I'm pretty sure he hasn't been handled by the breeder I bought him from. After that, he ate normally, and his stress lines are slowly starting to fade. Was he just too scared to move? Or did he actually enjoy being pet? I'm really confused :lol:.

SkyfangRauss

Hatchling Member
i've noticed that beardies generally shut there eyes (when not sleeping) when they dont want to be bothered.

Agni does this all the time: ill offer him worms or various fruit/veggie treats, and if he's not interested he'll shut his eyes till i stop offering. if i pet him, and he doesn't want to be pet, he'll shut his eyes till i stop.

it could also be your dragon is just a chill dude/dudette. this is all conjecture if you havent had him/her long enough to learn its particular foibles

also, in case you don't know, don't ever try to pet or pick them up by coming form above them. this is predator behaviour and WILL stress them out or provoke a bite (worst case)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Puff , Peppa & Rex were all really tame and friendly and loved snuggles and interactions with us.

Toothless was too much of a livewire , wouldn't sit still long before he'd be off wanting to explore. Took a several months but he came around and become a fabulous pet who also loved his snuggles.

It comes down to how they were raised by the breeder and how the breeder interacted with them and how much human contact they have, personality also come into play too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom