Beardies acting weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scox218

have two bearded dragons . My oldest Savage is coming onto his 12 month benchmark . We made it through brumation okay just now recently I moved into a new place a month ago now . Just a week ago he has constantly been head bobbing and his beard turns black . This was normal behavior if he sees my other bearded dragon but this move I put the two in separate rooms but that’s what he has been doing recently rarely eating his protein and only eating his veggies if I feed it to him . Has shown an appetite for hornworms but that’s it .

Now Sevyn my alleged girl bearded dragon . She usually has a monstrous appetite . Since the move she has this thing for tearing up her substrate “paper towel” , not eating any of her Dubias and rarely entertains her veggies . She also has been glass dancing . I recently changed her to a towel substrate she hasn’t been pushing that around but I am worried because she will not eat I tried to syringe her baby squash she entertained with a few licks but that was it . Entertained only one hornworm . I’m really at a lost on what to do .. when I take her out she goes exploring .

They both have been to the vet about 3 months ago , staple feeders are Dubias , turnip , mustard or collard greens . Power sun Uv is due for a change in 4 months temps range from 90-95 . 40 gal breeder . Regular baths . They also use to be in the same room as me I would put towels on one side of the tanks so they couldn’t see eachother don’t know if that matters or not just giving all the details .

ANY ADVICE ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
When did they come out of brumation? It seems fairly normal for them to act up and be energetic with odd appetite after brumation for a while. My guy came out of brumation in January and is just now starting to settle down into his normal routine and eating habits. This includes running around like a mad man, random head bobbing, beard flaring, some weight loss due to more energy and less appetite.

Scox218

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2qr800ub said:
When did they come out of brumation? It seems fairly normal for them to act up and be energetic with odd appetite after brumation for a while. My guy came out of brumation in January and is just now starting to settle down into his normal routine and eating habits. This includes running around like a mad man, random head bobbing, beard flaring, some weight loss due to more energy and less appetite.

It’s just the boy Savage that came out about a month ago , so that explains his behavior thank you ! I thought I was going crazy . He’s been driving me nuts lol but the girl she’s only 6-7 months has not been through brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom