Open mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie has been opening her mouth even when she doesnt seem too hot... it’s not all the time and she doesn’t seem to have other symptoms of a respiratory infection but I’m still worried... could it be early signs? She also just did quite a runny stool and I don’t know if the two may correlate? She’s a very well looked after and loved baby, I’m really worried

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
my beardie does this as well, she does this most often during a shed, her nose gets plugged with shed and she mouth breaths until its all come out. she will also do this after heavy exercise and when taking baths/basking - temperature regulation and all. she does not need to be basking to want to regulate her temps this way

HarriettTheWizard

Original Poster
She’s about 4-5 months. I feed her crickets, peas, corn and butternut pumpkin mostly because that’s her favourite. Her house is generally about 30-35 Celsius in the hot side and mid 20s in the cooler side. I mist water in her house in the mornings and take her outside when the weather is nice.
She does yawn and stretch but this is more like when she’s regulating temperature. It happens when she’s just wandering around my house or when I’m holding her... I don’t think she’s too warm. I tried listening to her chest but I really don’t know what I’m listening for. She also seems to want to sleep a lot... more than normal.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
my beardie goes through phases where she likes to be cool, she will curl up next to the outside window and sleep, cold to the touch but she will just go right back there if i move her into her tank or her heat rocks. could be yours is doing the same, brumation possibly?

HarriettTheWizard

Original Poster
I did wonder that... im in Australia and it’s still reasonably warm here but maybe she just wants to brumate... I think she’s too little though

I noticed that if i pet my dragon she sometimes opens her mouth slightly - not sure if its a gesture of gratitude or "pls no more or i bite". She doesnt puff or turn black tho xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom