she wants out of her place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeandellen

Hi I have a quick question to make me feel better about this little creature .
From my point of view she is healthy,is eating , pooping , is active buuuut she doesn't want to stay in her terrarium !!
She is banging her head on all the walls , is going from a corner to other , is making mess cuz she wants outside(that's what I am thinking) . I gave her baths and put her back .She is okay for few minutes and she start again . I put her on a wood that is next to the window she stay there for 20-30 minutes(depends of her mood , can stay there even 3-4 hours ) and after she is finding a place where she fall asleep .For two days she is going between the pillows and there she spend the day sleeping or on my chest if I am taking her under my robe , she wants to be in a dark place or a corner and sleep apparently.
My quick question was is she normal ? I mean is everything alright if she doesn't want to stay in her terrarium ? Is there too hot ? (Inside are 90 degrees - depends where she is sitting - and in the house are 70)

98003-8500645961.jpg
98003-9251467506.jpg
ps. If you can see that's Hope and that's the mess she created while I was not at home ... she hoped to find a way to escaped from there . I want to build a terrarium myself when is going to be warm outside(don't judge me for that please ) .

I appreciate you read my long story and hope I receive good answers from you
thank you! :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they behave like that because something is off and they want to escape. In this case it sounds like she's acting the same way my guy is and just has energy to run around and wants to explore. If you can provide a safe place for her to roam I'd let her have outside time. You can use a clamp lamp or dome fixture on an adjustable stand to set up a portable basking spot for her to return to when she gets cold. What kind of basking light are you using? How far is it above her main basking area? You may want to double check the UVB output (distance - depends on the bulb) and surface temperatures to make sure everything is just right but I think she is probably just antsy which is common.

Hopeandellen

Original Poster
Hey ! Thank you for answering
She has energy that s right , but why is she end up in a corner and fall asleep ? I am afraid to don t be a switcher for her -when she gets cold she fall asleep -
I made something for her which gave her a lot of space and a lot of shadow, hope to fix her craziness .

The light is a 8o W and is at 35 cm above the ground
It is a basking light with heat light and uv
Mini D3 basking lamp

Is normal this time of the year for her to prefer colder places ? Like 70 degrees ?

I just created a minimal comfort for her because I wanted her so much and was nothing on the market that I liked it to buy for her

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
First of all your tank looks to small for an adult beardie. They need a MINIMUM of a 40 gallon breeder as an adult. Also it’s in to let them wander around for a while if they are enjoying it, but they need some heat every day to digest properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom