Baby Bearded Dragon Attracted to Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon,

My baby bearded dragon seems to have a random burst of energy. Normally she's rather lazy and just lays around in odd places of her cage, yet she's still attentive. Today I made a little makeshift habitat on my bed so she can be near me as I do some homework. She kept climbing out of it so I put her in my lap, yet she keeps bolting over to the window; is it normal for them to be attracted to the outdoors? It's basically the middle of winter for me at the moment, so there isn't exactly much for her to be looking at. Will it hurt her at all to be near It? I know it's a stupid question, I'm just new to dragon keeping.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
All my beardies are pretty attracted to the window, they enjoy looking out of it and seeing whats going on.
It probably wouldn't hurt her to be near it just make sure its warm over there. I personally have a basking spot setup so they can bask as they look outside.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My guy loves sitting in the window too. I set up a dog bed for him in the window sill and he will sit there watching outside for hours. On a sunny day he will also pancake facing the sunlight. He doesn't get UVB that way but gets lots of heat and UVA wavelengths that are beneficial so I encourage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom