My Bearded Goes Nuts For Yellow Shiny Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHBeardedGuy

I showed my 9 month old male bearded a shiny yellow piece of plastic from outside his tank and he chased it like it was the best thing he'd ever seen. I've never seen him so interested in anything even crickets, meal worms, etc. Honestly, I've never see him move so fast and focus so intently on anything. He would move his head in every direction to follow the yellow plastic even when I moved it around quickly. He was like a cat chasing a string or another toy they are interested in. The only thing I could think of is that he thinks its some type of yellow insect? He didn't have the same type of reaction when I showed him a similar piece of plastic that was shiny red and one that was shiny blue. Is this normal? Why is he so excited about the shiny yellow color? Any feedback would be appreciated!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Interesting. He may just have a thing for shiny yellow stuff. They all have little preferences like that. You might try to find some shiny yellow toys that are safe for him to play with if he likes chasing them around. You could also take advantage of it by offering him pieces of yellow squash in salads.

My guy also has a fascination with yellow objects and foods. I found out when he was out exploring the house one day and found one of the cat's yellow fish toys. He ran right to it and tried eating it. Ever since that day i show him random yellow objects to see if they get his attention and it never fails. Also, his favourite treat is yellow bell peppers.
I guess each beardie has a colour that catches their eye

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
All my beardies have been really attracted to bright yellow flowers ( real, and enameled on crockery.
They like bright blue things too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom