Very itchy beardie?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I post here a lot but I really get worried easily lol, my beardie is acting strange. Frantically scratching his face. I think he’s going to shed but he seems super duper uncomfortable. He scratches himself like a dog lol and rubbing his face hard against things, bulging his eyes too, I give him baths like once to two times a week. I’m amazed how it doesn’t seem to give him relief tho.

SpeedRacer

I know the feeling of being worried constantly haha! That's normal for a beardie to be itchy like that though so now worries! He's probably close to shedding soon, but giving him more baths will help him scratch it off easier and might make him feel a little better with the itch. I usually give mine about 4-5 baths a week when he's shedding.

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Yes I too get very worried very easily. It is totally normal for them to scratch like a dog during shed I have seen my beardie doing it before. I think it can actually be kind of uncomfortable for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom