Bearded dragon wont let me hold him, extremely hyper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangerdee123

Ok so I've had spyro for about 6 months now and he has always been fairly relaxed, however the last week or two he has been extremely hyper he is running around his viv a lot more than usual and is constantly trying to climb up to the uvb.

When i pick him up he constantly struggles to get away, unlike usual where he was happy to sit on my shoulder. Another thing is if i put him down on the floor he runs around like a maniac and keeps trying to climb the walls.

At night when he is sleepy he is happy to just snuggle and stops trying to get away.

Is this just to much energy or is this something unusual ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My dragon is doing that too. I think it's hormonal and seasonal. I'd just give him time to run around and burn off energy when you can. If everything else is OK I wouldn't worry about it. He is likely to return to his usual self after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom