Bath Time Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyllonEdward

Hey all! I just recently adopted my first beardie, she probably about 4-5 months old at 7 inches long. Today we gave her her first bath. I filled the tub the right amount and at the right temp. I'm just curios about her behavior. At first she just kept trying to get out of the tub, she was probably scared of it. But once she realized how great it was she started swimming in circle so happy. But then she would just stop, and float motionless. It didn't matter if her head was half underwater, all the way under, she would just stay there until I poked at her. Then she'd swim in a few more circles and then just float again. The last time she was completely upside down and underwater so I picked her up and moved her to the shallow end where she's been standing with her head straight up in the air, since. It's been about 10 minutes. I'm going to pat her off and bring her back to her tank soon, but I was just wondering, is this normal?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like she doesn't know how to handle the bath. Being upside down and underwater is cause for concern. I would avoid offering her baths at least until she is older as they aren't worth the stress/danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom