Beardie acting scared/angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesstheMess

My bearded dragon, Pookie, is 5 years old and I've owned him for 4 years. He is usually very well tempered, and he is handled lots by me and my family. He is usually very chill and lets us approach and hold him no problem, but over the past few weeks he has been puffing up and trying to hide when we come up to him? I didn't think much of it the first few times he did it (he only did it a few times at first) but it has gotten worse over the past bit and I have no idea why :( I feed him crickets with calcium and give him "Repashy Grub pie" jello mix a few times a week as well as some spinach when he'll eat it... he has the right lighting and a heat mat in his tank, and most of all nothing has changed over the past while that I can think of that would cause this? :( I'm really worried about him because he's never been like this before and he just seems so scared all the time... any advice will be very appreciated!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If it just started recently it's possibly seasonal/hormonal. Did he go into brumation this year? It's also possible something is off. Can you post some details about your setup and the lighting? Maybe post some photos? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

Has he lost weight recently? At his age I would try to offer him a diet that is mainly a variety of veges. I like to reference this list for salad ideas http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html The crickets and grub pie are good but should be reserved to just once or twice per week for an adult with the majority of their diet being veges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom